6. FINAL DRIVE. Each 10 hours check level. Change gear lubricant only when required by maintenance action or
contamination by water or other foreign material. After refill, operate for 5 minutes, check for leaks, and bring oil to full
7. AIR FEED MOTOR. Each 50 hours check level. Change gear lubricant only when required by maintenance action.
8. Lubricating oil NSN 9150-00-142-9320, 55 gallon drum, is a rock drill oil for lubrication of drifter drill. An initial supply is
included in SC 3820-97-CL-E10, Rock Drilling Equipment. If this oil is used in temperatures below 32F (0C) it should be
diluted with kerosene at the ratio of 1 qt of kerosene to 3 qt of oil.
9. STRIKER BAR AND COUPLING. Lubricate striker bar, coupling, and drill steel threads whenever drill steel is changed
10. GEARBOX. With feedshell positioned horizontally, remove check plug. Oil should be at same level as check plug
opening. If oil level is low, remove fill plug and add oil until it comes out of check plug opening. Install both plugs and clean
up any spilled oil. Change gear oil annually.
Copy of this lubrication order will remain with the equipment at all times; instructions contained herein are mandatory.
Card 11 of 12