SECTION III. OPERATION UNDER USUAL CONDITIONS
2-8. Installation and Preparation for Use.
a. Positioning Auger and Auger Drive Unit.
1. Move SEE vehicle to excavation site with Auger Drive Unit in travel position on SEE vehicle (para 2-10, b.).
2. Position companion vehicle, with Auger on board, near rear of See.
Operator should be familiar with the SEE vehicle controls that operate the Earth Auger Assembly
(para. 2-2 Controls)
Do not connect hydraulic quick disconnect fittings if SEE engine is running and operator is
seated on SEE vehicle.
Hydraulic pressure remaining after SEE engine is off could cause unexpected auger rotation
resulting in serious injury or death.
Release system pressure by shutting off SEE engine and operating all auger controls, several
times, thru full range of motion, until no motion is felt from boom or stabilizers.
3. Shut down SEE engine and release pressure in hydraulic system.
4. Untie and remove rope (1) holding Auger Drive Unit (2) in travel position at rear of SEE. Store rope in SEE
5. Unfold boom from transport position.
6. Use operator Earth Auger Assembly controls and lower left and right stabilizers (3) (para. 2-2 Controls).
7. Operate boom and place Auger Drive Unit horizontal with ground facing away from rear of SEE vehicle.
b. Installation of Auger to Auger Drive Unit.
Follow procedures in Operator Maintenance Tasks, c. Auger Installation, (para. 3-5).