If Auger stops, jams or binds up release controls and see 4-11 Unit Troubleshooting.
As hole depth increases, adjust boom and dipper controls to keep Auger vertical to ensure vertical hole will dug.
10. If Auger starts to bind up or jams while digging, move Auger rotation control forward to reverse rotation direction
(counter clockwise), operate briefly, then stop. Move control rearward and continue digging.
After hole is dug lift dipper and Auger out of hole without rotating. Otherwise dirt will be
deposited back into hole.
Do not touch foot pedals while hoisting Auger out of ground or boom will swing and bend Auger.
11. Stop Auger rotation when hole depth is reached. Gently hoist Auger out of hole, with no rotation, by moving only
Auger boom and dipper levers.
12. If Auger is hard to remove from hole, stop hoisting operation. For a second, push auger rotation control yard,
then stop. Continue hoisting Auger out of ground.
13. When Auger is out of ground the flighting will be filled with spoil dirt. Carefully swing Auger to side, start Auger
rotation and then stop rotation. Unwanted excessive dirt will fly off flighting.
14. Operate Auger, if necessary, in same hole, and clean out any excessive dirt. Repeat Step 11.