(2) Remove four locknuts (2) and bolts (3). Re-
move drifter drill from slabback (4). Discard locknuts.
(1) Wrap threads on nipple (9) with antiseize tape.
Install nipple in valve manifold (10).
(2) Wrap male threads on bushing (8) with anti-
(1) Install drifter drill (1) on slabback (4) using four
seize tape. Install bushing on nipple (9).
bolts (3) and new locknuts (2).
(3) Install tee (3) on bushing (8). Ensure that
(2) Connect air hoses to drifter drill (1) and re-
mounting hole for gage (7) faces out.
(4) Wrap male threads on bushing (6) with anti-
seize tape. Install bushing in tee (3).
(5) Wrap male threads on swivel (5) with antiseize
tape. Install swivel in bushing (6).
(1) Remove drifter drill (see paragraph 7-7).
(6) Connect impact valve hose (4) to swivel (5).
(2) Fully loosen chain (see paragraph 7-13).
(7) Wrap male threads on swivel (2) with antiseize
tape. Install swivel in tee (3).
(8) Connect crawler air hose (1) to swivel (2).
(9) Wrap threads on gage (7) with antiseize tape.
Screw gage into tee (3).
Drifter Drill Replacement
Remove chain mounting block (3) from slabback (4). Dis-
(1) Tag and disconnect air hoses from drifter drill
(4) Remove four locknuts (5) and bolts (6) securing
slabback (4), four shims (7), and two side rails (8) to feed-
shell (9). Remove slabback. shims, and side rails. Discard
Warning: Drifter drill is heavy (approx 288 lb). Use an
overhead hoist to remove drifter drill. Secure drifter drill
(5) Remove two cotter pins (10) from each master
to overhead hoist before removing mounting hardware.
Failure to follow this warning could result in personnel in-
link (11). Separate master links and remove from chain
jury and equipment damage.
mounting block (3). Discard cotter pins.