7-16. Feed Motor and Gearbox Assembly
(1) Fully loosen chain (see paragraph 7-13).
(1) Install key (12) and sprocket (11) on gearbox
shaft (13). Tighten setscrew (10).
Note: Square washers are used on inner mounting bolts only.
(2) Remove four cotter pins (1) from one of the
master links (2) on drive chain (3). Remove master link.
(2) Install feed motor (4) and gearbox (8) on mount
Discard cotter pins.
(9) using four bolts (5), new lockwashers (6), and two
(3) Remove air hoses and fittings from feed motor
square washers (7).
(4) (see paragraph 7-3).
(3) Ensure that sprocket (11) is aligned with other
Warning: Feed motor and gearbox assembly is heavy.
sprockets. Adjust position if necessary.
Use an overhead hoist to remove assembly. Secure assem-
(4) Install air hoses and fittings on feed motor (4)
bly to overhead hoist before removing mounting hard-
(see paragraph 7-3).
ware. Failure to follow this warning could result in per-
sonnel injury and equipment damage.
(5) Ensure that drive chain (3) properly engages all
sprockets. Install master link (2) and secure with four new
square washers (7) securing gearbox (8) to mount (9). Re-
cotter pins (1).
(6) Service gearbox (LO 5-3820-241-12).
(5) Loosen setscrew (10) and remove sprocket (11)
and key (12) from gearbox shaft (13).
(7) Adjust chain (see paragraph 7-13).