(13) Install dead end plate (23) and new gasket (25)
(2) Remove three screws (1) and lockwashers (2).
on body (8) using eight screws (24).
Remove chain mounting block (3) from slabback (4). Dis-
(14) Tap bearing (29) into place in dead end plate
(15) Install dead end cap (21) and new gasket (22) on
dead end plate (23) using four screws (20).
(16) Install key (5) in feed motor shaft.
(17) Carefully position feed motor (3) for installa-
tion. Ensure that key (5) on feed motor shaft properly en-
(18) Secure feed motor (3) to quill motor flange (4)
(19) Install feed motor and gearbox assembly (see
7-23. Chain Replacement
(3) Move slabback (4) or chain mounting block (3)
out of the way so that master links on chain are accessible.
(4) Remove two cotter pins (5) from each master
link (6). Separate master links and remove from chain
mounting block (3). Discard cotter pins.
(5) Remove chain (7) from feedshell (8).
Caution: Do not grease chain.
(1) Wrap chain (7) around sprockets. Ensure that
chain properly engages all sprockets.
(2) Connect two master links (6) to chain (7) and
chain mounting block (3). Secure using four new cotter
Warning: If feedshell is in operating position, fully
lower drifter before removing chain. Failure to follow this
(3) Install chain mounting block (3) on slabback (4)
warning could cause injury to personnel and damage to
(4) Adjust chain (see paragraph 7-13).
(1) Fully loosen chain (see paragraph 7-13).
Page C-1. Appendix
C is superseded
MAINTENANCE ALLOCATION CHART (MAC)
Section I. INTRODUCTION
C-1. The Army Maintenance System MAC
b. The Maintenance Allocation Chart (MAC) in Sec-
tion II designates overall authority and responsibility for
a. This introduction (Section I) provides a general ex-
the performance of maintenance functions on the identi-
planation of all maintenance and repair functions autho-
rized at various maintenance levels under the standard
fied end item or component. The application of the main-
Army Maintenance System concept.
tenance functions to the end item or component will be