the center. Press in the parts until
(32 through 51) on track frame chan-
seated and install snap rings (27).
nel assembly (53).
(3) Install track roller shaft (30), tap-
c. Track Idler Assembly.
ping with a mallet if necessary to
(1) Using a mallet, tap track idler
bushing retainers (77) and track idler
(4) Using a suitable bearing driver, tap
bushings (78) into track idler hub
oil seals (26) in place with the lips of
the seals facing outward.
(2) Install track idler shaft (79). Install
(5) Install dust shield assemblies (21).
snap rings (76) and oil seals (75).
Jack up the frame and install track
(3) If track idler flanges (74) were re-
roller shaft supports (20) with track
moved, install them on track idler
roller assemblies (23), on roller to
hub (80). Tighten screws (70 and
track frame studs (22). Secure with
71) evenly to make sure that the
self-locking nuts (19).
wheel will run true. Install reducing
bushing (69) and lubrication fitting
e. Track Assembly.
(1) Loosen track adjusting nuts (16) if
(4) Install track idler supports (67) and
(2) Jack up the frame and mount the
support guide plates (63).
track around the final drive sprocket,
(5) Install buffer spring parts (54
track idler, and track rollers, bring-
ing the ends together.
(6) Jack up the frame and install track
(3) Aline the pin holes of left- and right-
assembly and related parts (18) with
hand track hookup links (13 and 12)
track idler adjusting screw (17) and
with a drift.
(4) With track link bushing (9) installed
(7) Check the assembled length of buf-
and the outer track hookup pin lock
fer springs (58) on both traction
pin (6) inserted in track hookup pin
units to insure correct running aline-
(7) place the hookup pin through
ment of the wheels. Set the assem-
the hookup links and bushing.
bled length of both buffer springs to
6 1/8 inches.
(5) Turn the track hookup pin (7) so
that the holes are alined with the
d. Track Roller Assemblies.
(1) Using a vise and a hard wooden
slots in the link.
block, press track roller bushings
(6) Insert and drive the track hookup pin
(29) into track roller bushing retain-
lock pin (6) completely in until
ers (28) so that the oil holes are
(2) Using a suitable bearing driver, in-
stall the assembled bushings and re-
tainers into flange and hub assembly
(31), with the tapered ends toward
Section VX. TOW HITCH
Remove the tow hitch as described in para-
This section contains repair instructions for
the tow hitch. The tow`hitch may be used for
Disassemble tow hitch in the numerical se-
the pneumatic drill to a tractor or truck.