(4) Inspect the piston check pilot for ex-
Legend for Pig. 3-2:
cessive wear or other damage.
Hex head capscrew
(5) Inspect the remaining parts for excessive
Piston rod assembly
Back up ring
wear or other damage.
Piston rod bushing
(6) Repair by replacement of all defective
Piston rod spacer
3-4. Feed Tilt Cylinder, Reassembly and In-
Piston check pilot
(1) Reassemble the feed tilt cylinder in the
reverse of numerical sequence as illustrated in
(2) Align the holes in spacer (5) with the hole
(2) Use a suitable drift and drive out
in the piston rod (3). Lubricate and press spacer
bushings (4) and spacers (5).
(5) and bushings (4) into position.
3-3. Feed Tilt Cylinder Cleaning, Inspection and
(1) Install the feed tilt cylinder in reverse of
(1) Wash all p a r t s except O-rings and
packings with cleaning solvent (Fed Spec PD 680)
and dry thoroughly.
Lift (Cylinder Removal and
(2) Discard and replace O-rings and
b. Inspection and Repair.
(1) Lower the boom to rest on the ground,
(1) Inspect the piston and rod for bent
Loosen hose connections and allow hydraulic oil
condition, scratches or dents.
to bleed into a drain pan.
(2) Inspect the barrel bore for deep dents or
(2) Remove the b o o m l i f t c y l i n d e r i n
numerical sequence as illustrated in figure 3-3.
(3) Inspect all threaded areas for damaged