(1) Coat all parts with a light coat of engine
(4) Reassemble the remaining components in
the reverse of numerical sequence as illustrated in
(2) Insert the plug valve (7, Fig. 5-2) in the
motor housing (19) and align with the line up
b. Installation. Install the feed motor
assembly in the reverse of numerical sequence as
Section II. FEED TRANSMISSION
(2) Disconnect the air supply at the
l u b r i c a t o r fitting. Open the blow handle and
The rock drill is equipped with a positive acting,
release all air from the system.
gear type, transmission which is fully enclosed
and grease lubricated. The transmission has a
the feed chain.
16:1 gear reduction train.
5-6 Feed Transmission, Removal and Dis-
( 5 ) Remove t h e f e e d t r a n s m i s s i o n a s
(1) Position the rock drill feed mechanism in
the horizontal position.