(1) Reassemble the boom components in the
reverse of numerical sequence as illustrated in
1 Lubrication fitting
2 Lubrication f i t t i n g
3 Pivot pin
( 2 ) Reassemble the boom tilt and swing
4 Spring pin
mechanism in the reverse of numerical sequence
5 Spring pin
5-22. Boom Pivot Mechanism Cleaning, In-
spection and Repair
(1) Install the tilt and swing boom assembly
a. Cleaning. Clean all parts with cleaning
solvent (FED SPEC PD 680) and dry thoroughly.
(2) Install the feed extension cylinder (para
b. Inspection and Repair.
(1) Inspect the boom, boom supports joints,
(3) Install the boom swing cylinder (para 3-
arms and links for cracks breaks or other damage.
(2) Inspect bushings at the pivot points for
(4) Install the feed swing cylinder (para 3-
( 3 ) Inspect the h a r d w a r e f o r d a m a g e d
(4) Repair by replacement of defective parts.
rock drill feed assembly.
5-23. Boom Pivot Mechanism, Reassembly and
the rock drill.