Install new O-ring (25) on each end of plunger
(5) Install plunger (4) in body (8). Install end with
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flam-
two O-rings first through front of body.
mable. Wear protective gloves and use in a well
(6) Install retainer (23) and new O-ring (22) in body
ventilated area. Avoid contact with shin, eyes, and
clothes and do not breathe vapors. Do not use
near open flame or excessive heat. The flash
(7) Install bearing (21) in body (8).
point is 100-138 degrees F (38-50 degrees C). If
(8) Install detent (16) over plunger (4) and secure
you become dizzy while using cleaning solvent,
with pin (18).
get fresh air immediately and get medical aid. If
(9) Install new O-ring (20) and flatwasher (19) in
contact with eyes is made, wash your eyes with
water and get medical aid immediately.
(10) Lightly coat inside of cage (15) with GAA and
(1) Clean all parts with dry cleaning solvent and
press 12 balls (17) into place. Install cage over detent (16).
(2) Check all parts for cracks, damage, and exces-
Spring cap has a notch cut into it. Install spring
sive wear. Replace all cracked, damaged, and worn parts.
cap with notch facing port side of valve body.
(3) Inspect bushing and bearing in accordance with
(11) Install spring cap (14) on body (8) using four
TM 9-214. Replace if necessary.
(12) Install new filter (12) and O-ring (11) in lever
Bushing has only one O-ring.
(13) Install lever cap (9) and bracket (7) on body (8)
using four screws (10).
(1) Install new O-ring (27) on smaller diameter
end of bushing (24).
(14) Position lever (3) on bracket (7) and install pin
(2) Install bushing (24) in body (8). Install O-ring
(15) Tighten setscrew (5) in bracket (7).
end first through front of body.
(16) Connect link assembly (2) to lever (3) and
(3) Install new O-ring (26) on middle of plunger
plunger (4), then secure with clip (1).
(4). Middle O-ring (26) is harder than the other two