(5) Install plunger (4) in body (8). Install end with
two O-rings first through front of body.
Warning: Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and
(6) Install retainer (23) and new O-ring (22) in body
flammable. Wear protective gloves and use in a well venti-
lated area. Avoid contact with shin, eyes, and clothes and
do not breathe vapors. Do not use near open flame or ex-
(7) Install bearing (21) in body (8).
cessive heat. The flash point is 100-138 degrees F (38-50
(8) Install detent (16) over plunger (4) and secure
degrees C). If you become dizzy while using cleaning sol-
with pin (18).
vent, get fresh air immediately and get medical aid. If con-
tact with eyes is made, wash your eyes with water and get
(9) Install new O-ring (20) and flatwasher (19) in
medical aid immediately.
(1) Clean all parts with dry cleaning solvent and
(10) Lightly coat inside of cage (15) with GAA and
press 12 balls (17) into place. Install cage over detent (16).
(2) Check all parts for cracks, damage, and exces-
Note: Spring cap has a notch cut into it. Install spring cap with notch
sive wear. Replace all cracked, damaged, and worn parts.
facing port side of valve body.
(3) Inspect bushing and bearing in accordance with
(11) Install spring cap (14) on body (8) using four
TM 9-214. Replace if necessary.
(12) Install new filter (12) and O-ring (11) in lever
Note: Bushing has only one O-ring.
(1) Install new O-ring (27) on smaller diameter
(13) Install lever cap (9) and bracket (7) on body (8)
end of bushing (24).
using four screws (10).
(2) Install bushing (24) in body (8). Install O-ring
(14) Position lever (3) on bracket (7) and install pin
end first through front of body.
(3) Install new O-ring (26) on middle of plunger
(15) Install setscrew (5) in bracket (7).
(4). Middle O-ring (26) is harder than the other two
(16) Connect link assembly (2) to lever (3) and
plunger (4), then secure with clip (1).
(4) Install new O-ring (25) on each end of plunger
(17) Install valve (see paragraph 7-2).