If feed shell is in operating position, fully lower
drifter before removing chain. Failure to follow
(13) Install dead end plate (23) and new gasket (25)
this warning could cause injury to personnel and
on body (8) using eight screws (24).
damage to equipment.
(14) Tap bearing (29) into place in dead end plate
(15) Install dead end cap (21) and new gasket (22) on
(2) Remove three screws (1) and lo&washers (2).
dead end plate (23) using four screws (20).
Remove chain mounting block (3) from slabback (4). Dis-
(16) Install key (5) in feed motor shaft.
(17) Carefully position feed motor (3) for installa-
(3) Move slabback (4) or chain mounting block (3)
tion. Ensure that key (5) on feed motor shaft properly en-
out of the way so that master links on chain are accessible.
(4) Remove two cotter pins (5) from each master
(18) Secure feed motor (3) to quill motor flange (4)
link (6). Separate master links and remove from chain
mounting block (3). Discard cotter pins.
(19) Install feed motor and gearbox assembly (see
Remove chain (7) from feedshell (8).